Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A short update.....

Hello all,

I just wanted to give you all a quick update. Right now I am working away on my family's clothing for Civil War reenacting. We have several cold weather events coming up in November and December so I need to make some sort of coat for each person. I am almost done with a sack coat (casual civilian) for my dad and a paletote (no waist seam coat) for my self. I am planning on cutting my mother's paletote out very soon and I will post information and pictures on patterns and fabric ect. The big thing right now is that I am researching civilian frock coats for my dad. Right now I have the black wool fabric (most common for civilians by the 1860s) but I need to purchase the lining, padding, canvas ect. I hope to do a more detailed post on that soon also.

As Always,
Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Your projects sound very intresting! I hope your researching goes well! :)

    ~Gabrielle (AnneGirl on the S&S forum)

    ReplyDelete