Saturday, November 28, 2009

09 Sheer Gown

Hello all!

I trust you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving over here in America and all across the world! I so appreciate all of you dear friends.

Lately, I have been working on Christmas presents and because I can't post pictures of those at this point, I thought I would tell you all about some past projects. I made this dress last Spring to wear for events in June and July. I really did enjoy wearing it because it was so much lighter then a quilter's cotton or homespun dress. Again, I used the guidelines in TheDressmaker'sGuide making it up with a half-high lining, gathered bodice, modified bishop sleeves (on the bias), v- neckline and a basic 4- panel skirt. The bow and belt are silk taffeta and the collar is a basic batiste.



Photo courtesy to Hannah.






My straw hat is from Mrs.Parkers Millinery.

6 comments:

  1. Of course Love the pictures! I have not seen the last two! Can't wait to see your christmas project posts Beth! I think I will do a post about them next, a teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the sheer stripe. It is beautiful and looks perfect on you. I still have my sheer half made up. I have the bodice made, but not the skirt. I really need to get it done so I can actually WEAR it next season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah and Becca!

    I remember you sheer, Sarah! I used the same fabric for my mother's! I should post some pictures of that one too but I have to get some better pictures of it first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! :D (and this coming from someone who is not enamored with women's fashion from the Victorian age)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to say LOVE the dress! I must admit I'm in LOVE with the hat(s)!! I've been trying to redo that farby chain line of "straw hat with the black ribbon, which was glued"...and I've been looking for ideas of ribboning and flowers, etc. Your hat is simply pretty!!You have given me some more ideas! Thanks!!
    - Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress. I have just started to do living history. I have made several dresses for 1870's, but I am just now starting to look at 1860's. Thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete