Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Finished Chemise




This is one of my recent *finished* projects using Simplicity 9769. I used basic muslin, it looked like the picture and I think it turned out really well :) The sleeve facings and gussets were the hardest thing about this garment but I think they are well worth it. The neckline is very wide as it is meant to be off the shoulder so keep that in mind when using the pattern. I also nearly forgot to make sure that the sleeve cuffs were comfortable! It really is quite forgiving other wise.



The closure is two "pie plate" buttons and two loops executed in the buttonhole stitch and cotton crochet thread. :)




The embroidered recipients initials on the sleeve :)

As Always,
Bethany Lynn

3 comments:

  1. hmmm, I made this not too long ago. but I made the mistake of making it out of a thick homespun. it's a little scratchy and very warm so I have to make another out of a softer cotton.

    Good job! it looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Chemise!! I love how it looks. Very feminine. :)

    Hope everything is going well for you! Haven't talked to you in a while. Need to email sometime...

    Love ya! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made one as well...but I never did get the underarm facings to go in properly. No patience I guess :-) Very lovely.

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete