Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tasha......

I am so sorry for not updating this in so long! Life escapes me.

A few nights ago I pulled The Private World of Tasha Tudor off one of my book shelves. It was on a rather high shelf and I had not looked at it in a while. I found some lovely quotes that I thought I would share with you all.


"I enjoy solitude. It's probably selfish, but why bother about it.
Life is much too important, as Oscar Wilde said, to be taken
seriously."

"Peonies have an intoxicating smell, and they're so soft and creamy
looking. I like the pale pink ones best, but there's a whiteish-yellow
one called Prairie Moon that's magical. Their foliage remains
beautiful all summer. They die nicely, in other words; not like some
roses that die like old dishrags." Peonies are my favorite flower so this vivid way of telling about them struck me very much! She does have a sense of humor too :)

"There's something wonderfully primitive about a canoe, like the sound
of loons calling. It stirs something from long, long ago - another
life you might have lived." Does this not want to make you go canoeing?

"What is that lovely quote from Shakespeare- "At Christmas I have no
more desire a rose/ Than wish a snow in May's newfangled mirth."
That's the idea. For everything there is a season." Beautiful thought, I think.

"I'm perfectly content. I have no other desires than to live right
here with my dogs and my goats and my birds. I think I've done a good
job of life, but I have no message to give anyone. If I do have a
philosophy, it is one best expressed by Henry David Thoreau: "If one
advances confidently in the directions of his dreams, and endeavors to
live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success
unexpected in common hours." That is my credo. It is absolutely true.
It is my whole life summed up"

If you have not heard of or read anything by Tasha Tudor, I highly recommend it. Her life can only be summed up as inspiring. I hope you find the same to be true. :)

As Always,
Bethany Lynn

P.S.: Just a note to you all to please remember that every human being is finite. I do admire so much in Tasha but as a wise woman just reminded me, not every thing in her life was perfect and nor was she. May we all have discretion :)

2 comments:

  1. Good advice Bethany! There is much to admire about Tasha's life and lifestyle and the unlovely things in her life can serve as a useful reminder that without Christ we are nothing. All of our accomplishments are chaff.

    A fellow admirer,
    Mrs. G

    ReplyDelete