Well, these have been long coming. To be honest, I think they have been in my project basket for nearly a year! That is emberassing but it is true :) I used the Past Pattern's Men's Winter Trousers pattern for these and I really do think they turned out well. The reason it took me so long to make them was because I did not understand how to make the pockets so I kept putting it off! Thankfully, the last time I sat down to try and figure it out was when it clicked and I finishd them the next day with no stress involved! I think this is the first project I have ever made my dad that was not completed less then 24 hours before the event it was needed for! I think I had nearly two weeks to spare! Let's hope I can keep that pattern going :)
Anyways, the corduroy is from Joann's and I purchased the buttons at Abraham's Lady.
The only thing that I would change the next time I use this pattern is some of the finishing techniques on the inside. I was very surprised that so many of the seams and edges are left raw. I have used the Past Pattern's Summer Trousers pattern a couple of times and the inside is so neat and finished looking! I think I will incorporate the techniques from both patterns to get a better result in this style.
(For future reference, I cut out a size 36 and it was a little big but could be fixed with suspenders. They were too long also but I fixed that when I hemmed them.)