Friday, April 16, 2010

Flying Geese Quilt




This is my project that I do when I want to relax. Putting together pieces over and over again realy is mindless work compared to making clothing :). I think everyone should try there hand at it! They are also a great way to use up scraps.






The borders are on. I picked the backing and even used wool batting which I am so in love with. I basted it together in a few hours on a quiet day.







The fabric was extra yardage from a dress that I made my mother. I decided to use it because it looked so much like the original from the mid-19th century. I would give you all a link to the original but I found this lovely quilt in a book and I can't show you all a picture because of copyrights.




The natural sun made these pictures...........

As Always,
Bethany Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's beautiful! I've been wanting to make a red and white quilt for my first quilt, and this pattern you've chosen is absolutely lovely. Can't wait to see how it progresses through quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, it's SO lovely! You make me miss my sewing machine so much more, but also the patience that I never had.

    Did you hand piece the blocks? It's so pretty. What are you going to do with it?

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete