Saturday, June 5, 2010

Simplicity 2588

Simplicity 2588 is graduation dress numero dos :) I have *never* made a dress with such a quick turn around time (buying fabric to wearability). I do not know if I was more shocked or if my family was! I hope I have more projects like this quite often in the future!



Anyways, it is just a simple linen/cotton fabric from Joanns. Easy wash and wear type fiber. My favorite of all time :D Easy to cut out. Easy to sew with and perfect for warm weather! This is the first dress that I have ever put and invisible zipper in and it went in right the first time. I was speechless.





The only alteration on this dress that I had to do was to take in the princess seams a bit. It really was so easy to do and I *would* recommend it to beginners if they want to take their sewing to the next level.

As Always,
Bethany Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet! I love the simple elegant lines and pattern of the fabric! Your shoes are so neat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bethany Lynn,

    I don't know which I like best :) They are both so lovely!

    I like your fabric choice, much better than what the model is wearing in the pattern cover.

    Thank you so much for sharing and what an inspiration you are...

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks great too. I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete