Thursday, July 22, 2010

Finished!

I listened to Narnia on CD, I chatted with friends, listened to music galore and my family kept me company. I think that is what made me finish this dress. I clocked it and it took me about 12 hours. It seemed like a long time...... over 8 hours is hand sewing. That can get rather boring ;) But no matter! It is finished and it does need a collar. These are not the best pictures but they will do for now.



Oh, and those tucks in the skirt? They were a huge mistake. See...... I had the skirt finished and the bodice finished and I needed to still cut out the waistband. So I cut it out..... of the SKIRT! I thought it was scrap and really did panic when I realized. Now my skirt was too short. I ended up inserting a panel in the middle of the skirt and putting tucks in to cover up the seams. PHEW!






Till next time!

As Always,
Bethany Lynn

10 comments:

  1. I do a lot of improvising when I sew too! :)
    Super! The fit looks really nice! Love the blue bow and belt. Where did you get the buckle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paid way to much at a reenactment for that buckle :D I love it though and am glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany...no one will notice it. It looks just lovely on you :)

    It is usually at the end of the project that I begin to get inspired to change it...sometimes it is a good idea, but other times - not so good :(

    But I am glad that you are done with the dress...does it need a collar - yes, it looks as if something is missing.

    Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOVE it!!! So pretty. You did an excellent job, especially in 12 hours! ;)

    ~Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. You look absolutely beautiful in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how do you sew so fast? I'm just slightly jealous. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful dress. Love the last picture - it looks so old-fashioned :)

    ReplyDelete