Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vintage-y Apron


This was one of those projects that had been languishing in the WIP (work-in-progress) basket for oh........almost 18 months. You know how it goes. You want to finish it but something always comes up! I had cut it out and planned to finish it for a 1950's themed birthday party but with my mom's birthday in a few days, I thought that was a nice occasion to finish it. She loves aprons and can always use a new one so I think it suits her too. I used Simplicity 4692 which sadly, does not seem to be in print anymore! Simplicity does have quite a few vintage inspired apron patterns out though. If you are in the mood to make one, I am sure you could find one that you like!




It calls for cute pockets and more bias tape than I used but...... :whispers: I ran out of bias tape and did not feel like making anymore. Let's just say that i was going for a simplified look ;)

I was actually rather horrified to find that it suggested velcro for the neck closure. I really did not think that was very polished looking so I did two vintage buttons instead.



I said this was for my mom right? Well, I might just need to borrow it!

As Always,
Bethany Lynn

4 comments:

  1. The apron is absolutely perfect!

    You have inspired me to make myself one also...my aprons, at the moment, are showing a great deal of wear and tear :)

    Thank you for sharing your lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very cute. I love seeing people in aprons. It creates an air of old-fashioned cooking. You can't picture using the microwave while wearing an apron, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, Stephanie, I can't imagine using a microwave in an apron! They are great motivators to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it!

    Your buttons look very nice, but I do like the velcro on the apron your sister made me even if it isn't quite so polished looking. But, since Becca wasn't sure if it would fit, I'm able to move the velcro over. That wouldn't have been so easy with button holes. lol!

    ReplyDelete