Monday, August 9, 2010

Simplicity 2926

I am so sorry this has taken so long! I did actually finish my own graduation dress but it has taken a while to get some pictures :) I used Simplicity 2926 and did not change it drastically at all. I really like it when patterns work well that way! I did end up slimming down the sleeves a bit because as they were, they kinda made me look like a quarter back. I also took in the waist area to fit it the way I wanted. Once again! Making a mock up first made all the difference! I also was a bit skeptical about the piping. I make piping all the time for 1860's clothing but I thought that it would just blend in so much with the fabric and not really matter. I was really wrong! It is really important for the dress construction and style of the dress and I think it makes all the difference.





I also have to thank my sister for this dress! She saw the fabric on the clearance at Joanns and knew I would like it! I think it cost less than $10 and with the zipper, the dress cost less than $15! I am really glad that I was able to make my own graduation dress for that amount of money because I know how much other girls sometimes spend. I have worn this dress for a few other occasions also and I am glad how versatile it is. I was not sure about using a quilter's cotton but I think the print lends its self well to clothing.

And the graduation dresses together for memories sake :)



As Always,
Bethany Lynn

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I wish I could've been there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress, Bethany! The print is gorgeous. I love that Waverly-type stuff. And pink & brown together. :D Where did you get your shoes?

    ~Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny, shoes are from DSW. I wear them everywhere and with everything all summer. I love having only a few pairs of shoes. Makes life simpler ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is just lovely! You and your sister look just lovely together :)

    The fabric for both dresses is so pretty...and it is such a joy to sew for oneself :)

    Rejoice in your blessings!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both gowns are so very pretty! I love how they are so sweetly modest. I wish more young ladies would dress this way; you both look radiant and so, so beautiful!! Congraulations on your graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bethany!

    Your blog has been listed on www.youngchristianbloggers.blogspot.com

    Head over to find other like-minded young bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete