I am so sorry this has taken so long! I did actually finish my own graduation dress but it has taken a while to get some pictures :) I used Simplicity 2926 and did not change it drastically at all. I really like it when patterns work well that way! I did end up slimming down the sleeves a bit because as they were, they kinda made me look like a quarter back. I also took in the waist area to fit it the way I wanted. Once again! Making a mock up first made all the difference! I also was a bit skeptical about the piping. I make piping all the time for 1860's clothing but I thought that it would just blend in so much with the fabric and not really matter. I was really wrong! It is really important for the dress construction and style of the dress and I think it makes all the difference.
I also have to thank my sister for this dress! She saw the fabric on the clearance at Joanns and knew I would like it! I think it cost less than $10 and with the zipper, the dress cost less than $15! I am really glad that I was able to make my own graduation dress for that amount of money because I know how much other girls sometimes spend. I have worn this dress for a few other occasions also and I am glad how versatile it is. I was not sure about using a quilter's cotton but I think the print lends its self well to clothing.
And the graduation dresses together for memories sake :)