Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Busy.....

You know how it goes. Things add up. Time slips away. It is Sunday again and it feels like yesterday was Sunday. I *will* update on sewing soon but for now, I have been thinking on this quote from Blessed Femina:

"This job has been given to me to do. Therefore, it is a gift.
Therefore, it is a privilege.
Therefore, it is an offering I may make to God.
Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is done for Him.
Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God’s way.
In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness."
-Elisabeth Elliot

It is hard to keep going on projects whether it be sewing or not. I think Elizabeth has it right. Think of it God's way.

The sense of humor of the artist in this painting made me laugh and silently made me think of that overwhelming feeling when you are surrounded by lots of .... stuff!

As Always,
Bethany Lynn

2 comments:

  1. It has been so busy this month, for everyone. I wonder why? I wake up, never knowing what day it is. I can't wait when things start slowing down and it becomes a little easier to love everything I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and funny little cartoon - it looks like my sewing room with things piled here and there. You must be a very good seamstress judging the outcome of the corset! I also like your profile photo - you look cozy all bundled up.

    ReplyDelete