Sunday, January 2, 2011

Posy Circle Skirt

This fabric was seen ages ago at Joanns and Miss Becca here knew she just had to have it. Or was it me who saw it and insisted she buy it so that I could make her a skirt? I can't remember. All I know is that she loves it now and I enjoyed making it. I want to say it is polyester but I can't remember that either. It is definitely one of those slipper fabrics that can be annoying to sew with :)
I do remember that I used McCalls 5811. It was simple to use considering it is a Big Four pattern. I also remember that it was supposed to be significantly longer but when I hung it up over night, the next morning the hem was rather.... wonky. Then I think I cut off too much. Life happens. Tights are great.

Invisble zipper and cute button left over from another project... And it is finished!


As Always,
Bethany Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Cute skirt. I love the fabric. I also buy fabric from JoAnn's (I love those 40% and 50% coupons!). The button is very unique and quite pretty. You did a very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just beautiful Bethany! :)

    Miss Becca ;) looks lovely in it...that hat is tres chic!.

    Maria.

    ReplyDelete