Saturday, February 5, 2011

Quilt top finished!

I never thought I would finish this thing. I think I started it about two years ago and had the crazy idea to make it HUGE. I did not know how big huge was going to be and I can't even tell you if it is a queen or king or what but I can tell you it is big. I know its big cause it took ages to put those blocks together! But I do like how it turned out. I can't imagine quilting the thing any time soon. I am just glad to know it is a finished top and is now put together. The rows were sitting in a basket for the longest time just waiting to be sewn together.



I know I've sewn big quilts before but I think those times seem like the distant past. I forget ;)



Info on putting the blocks together here and laying out the blocks to choose the border here. All the information on where I found the pattern and such is in those posts.



Phew. Having the quilt on the table makes the room look warm since we have 6 inches of snow outside. I think I will just leave it there.

As Always,
Bethany Lynn

4 comments:

  1. My goodness, that IS a big quilt top!! It is also quite pretty. You did a beautiful job. It must give you a tremendous satisfaction to have completed it finally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty and big! It will probably be very very cozy when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I have yet to finish a quilt - so I am very envious!

    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a lovely job on your quilt. I love colors. It will go in any room. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete