Saturday, March 26, 2011

Short stays.....

I love this pattern. It goes together so fast and I think it could be classified as relaxing. Or maybe I have just made it too many times. In any case, I highly recommend it. One tip though, it has too much ease. Use at least one size down if not two. I always make a muslin but cotton always seems to stretch just slightly and I have had to take in every set I have made on the side seams by about 1". If I would just use one size down when I make it, it would be perfect every time. Most patterns today have an average amount of ease and this pattern is not an exception. With wear, it becomes obvious that you want no ease for the support required.



I made the outer layer of this set of linen. The inner two layers are cotton twill. I love this combination the best as it looks great from the outside and yet the cotton twill does not break the bank.

The machine quilting under and beside the gussets adds support along with the two short pieces of boning on each side of the eyelets. Lacing is not shown. I've found it to be important that it is quite fitted for this amount of quilting and boning to be enough.




Blessings,
Bethany Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Your work is extremely professional-looking! You are a very gifted seamstress and a continual source of inspiration to me in my own endeavours to sew well! :)

    ReplyDelete