Monday, April 4, 2011

Bath mats!

This was a super simple project that took me maybe 30 minutes. I already had some fabric on hand and narrowed down 3 or 4 choices to this one. Its just home dec fabric in a "ticking" weave. I think I remember buying it on the clearance. Anyways, the baths mats in our bath room were white (what was I thinking?!) and just not cutting it anymore.



Before


After



I think the idea originally came to me because of Anna's floor cloth. It seemed so simple. Why improve on it? It was especially nice because the stripes kept me stitching straight and made the rolled hems even easier to execute! Its a great project for a beginner after those cloth napkins and table cloths :)

Blessings,
Bethany Lynn

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea!! I really need to make some bath mats for my bathroom. The ones I have now are part of a bath mat/shower curtain/towel set. They are beautiful, but fragile. The mat is composed of a low-pile carpet surrounded by a ruched organza edging. It's lovely, but the organza has started to pull away from the binding and I really need to do something about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bethany,

    How do you keep them from slipping a bit on the floor?

    They are truly beautiful!

    In His Love,

    Mrs. M.

    ReplyDelete