Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Those pillow things.....

These are always a hit and I honestly wish I had one for myself.... in any case, they take hardly fabric and I just have to make sure I keep poly fill on hand. I think I figured out one back of the stuff makes 5 pillows... not that I have made that many yet. The idea came from Sew Darn Cute by Jenny Ryan.



Jenny's idea was to do a patchwork top for interest. I have done that a couple of times and it always turns out cute. I used fabric from Marie Madeline Studio for this.




I did have to go to the copy store and enlarge the pattern but it really was simple in the scheme of things. Since I have used it several times, it was worth my time.



The two plain ones were for the grandparents on their plane trip back home. They are so much nicer to use than expecting the head rests in the plane to do their job!

I made these in between other tasks but I think one could be made in half an hour. I know that because I am procrastinator and don't mind helping other procrastinators out. ;-) If you really are in a pinch, you could draft the pattern yourself. I could just be characterized as lazy and didn't want to reinvent the wheel when I already had the book.

Blessings,
Bethany Lynn

2 comments:

  1. I have always liked them...they are comfortable especially when traveling by car on long road trips :-)

    The colors you have chosen are very nice...female and male ;)

    Mrs. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the patchwork top one!
    And, surprise surprise, these can also help babies sit up! Well, I'm not sure if simple poly-fill filling is enough to support them - I have no personal experience with it. But I was intrigued when I found out (helping out in the company where mom works, which sells educational toys and these kinds of things).

    ReplyDelete