Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Federal Era Print gown





Fabric: cotton reproduction print from fabric.com sale

Pattern: Sense and Sensibility original dress pattern for skirt and front bodice
Sense and Sensibility ELC pattern for back bodice
La Mode Bagatelle pattern (OOP) for sleeve

Sleeve cuff detail from garments on page 79, 102 and 109 of Costume in Detail by Bradfield

Modifications: I moved the front bodice away from the fold a couple inches to get the fan front look. Without the back opening from the original dress pattern and the drawstring opening from the ELC pattern, I needed another way for my mom to get this dress on and off! Enter button side closure. I also shortened the bodice to add the waistband.

I'm going to be using this format for projects from now on. I hope its helpful.

Blessings,
Bethany

5 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! What a talent you have. Beautiful, beautiful dress!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed Bethany! :)

    m.b.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sewing skills. I've been spending some time here and I love your projects. It's fun to see someone using the talents given them by God.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the cuff. I haven't seen a dress with a sleeve like that before. nice job.

    ReplyDelete