Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cotton Circle Skirt



Fabric: 100% cotton, quilters weight. Love this stuff. There are tons of choices and it drapes well for this sort of project.

Pattern: I purchased a vintage circle skirt pattern from Lanetzliving but that was a bit ago. If I was to do it again, I would just follow Casey's instructions! She did a circle skirt sew along and there are plenty of resources and explanations for anyone to sew one without a pattern. From drafting, to cutting, to sewing, its all there.

Modifications: If I were to do it again, I would have put some sort of stabilizer or interfacing in the waistband. I didn't know to do that at the time but it adds to the finished look and is very simple. It's in Casey's instructions so you can do it too, if you like!

Happy Sewing!

Blessings,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment