Monday, October 31, 2011
Pink and black with dots all over.....
Fabric: 100% cotton from the "quilters" section of Joann's, acetate lining
Modifications: Ok, so I went to Joann's and picked out the fabrics based on how many tiers I wanted. I bought 1/2 a yard of the top black/magenta floral and 1/4 yard of all the rest. That is all I had and if I went by the pattern, I would not have had enough. To compensate I shortened the length of each tier (not width) and for the recipient, it ended up being the perfect length. If your not 5 feet tall, you will need more fabric ;) It was hard to tell how it would look exactly, but it sure is fun! I also added the acetate lining (shown in second picture) which was not part of the pattern.