Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Star Wall Hanging


(hanging sleeve and care label)

Fabric: 100% cotton "quilter's cotton" and polyester low loft batting.

Pattern: I cheated! I don't remember how I got it but the pattern and all the fabric was picked out for me in a kit. Normally, I like to pick everything out myself but I thought I should use the kit since I had it. Plus, this is the first of many Christmas presents and these fabrics definitely looked like what the recipient would like.

Modifications: I added the hanging sleeve on the back for a dowel road to go through. I also cut binding on grain (since the edges of the quilt are straight and not curved) and sewed it right sides together to the BACK. This way when I fold it over to bind the edge, I can sew it on the machine and have it look good on the front. Most people sew the binding right sides to the FRONT and then fold it around to bind the edge and whip stitch it to the back. That takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r. I have a couple more wall hangings to do and I needed this to be done quick! That's my tip for quick quilts. :) I also machine stitched in the ditch instead of hand quilting.

Blessings,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment