Friday, November 25, 2011

Red Toile Dress



Fabric: 100% cotton "quilters" cotton fabric with 100% cotton chambray fabric for the trim from this dress.

Pattern: There is an explanation on the pattern used over here. If you are not up for changing a pattern so heavily, Baker Lane's Changing Seasons and Catherine's Choice patterns can be used to get this look. Changing seasons has a darted bodice and if you add them to the Catherine's Choice bodice, you have this look.

Modifications: For this customer I needed to make the shoulders wider and lengthen the sleeves to 3/4 length. Both were so simple that I suppose they barely fit into the modifications category. They were just fitting changes and otherwise, I followed the pattern, which is just in my head, to a T.

Blessings,
Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bethany,

    This is so pretty! I love red toile (and all toile), and it is especially lovely at Christmas time.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete