Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Men's Outdoor Coat


Fabric: Polyester polar fleece and acetate lining.

Pattern:
My Grandpa requested this coat by handing me the polar fleece fabric and an old, very worn jacket. I cut up the old jacket, added seam allowances and got the pattern. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. I almost felt bad cutting the poor thing up but it had a nice life and I'm sure I'll make some more jackets from this same pattern now that I have it.

Modifications: The old jacket was made out of flannel and had a quilted lining. The polar fleece was much thicker than the old flannel jacket so I had to leave the flaps off the front pockets. That's the only thing I changed! I even used the buttons from the old jacket. The whole project turned out to be much simpler than I thought and very fun!

Blessings,
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment