Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Planning your Christmas Sewing


Stage 1: PLAN! If you don't plan you won't know your goals or your deadlines. That will lead to stress and Christmas presents that are not finished. That is no fun! Trust me, I know it is no fun! Make sure you plan ahead of time!

Step 1: First, Make a list of all the projects you would like to complete. This is mine:

Sage/Navy Table Runner (already finished)
Amish Colors Table Runner
2 sage/burgundy Christmas Wall Hangings
Red/Green traditional Christmas Wall hanging (already finished)
knitted hat
blue/red/gold Wall Hanging
Hunting Shirt
Present for my Sister ;)

Step 2: Then put the deadline date by each. Make sure you take into account shipping time to ensure they will arrive by Christmas and all that. This is my list with dates added:

Dec. 7th Sage/Navy Table Runner (already finished)
Dec. 18th Amish Colors Table Runner
Dec. 24th and Dec. 18th 2 sage/burgundy Christmas Wall Hangings
Dec. 14th Red/Green traditional Christmas Wall hanging (already finished)
Dec. 24th knitted hat
Dec. 18th blue/red/gold Wall Hanging
Dec. 14th Hunting Shirt
Dec. 24th Present for my Sister ;)

Step 3:Then, prioritize your list by what needs to be completed first. Mine now looks likes this:

Dec. 7th Sage/Navy Table Runner (already finished)
Dec. 14th Red/Green traditional Christmas Wall hanging (already finished)
Dec. 14th Hunting Shirt
Dec. 18th Amish Colors Table Runner
Dec. 18th blue/red/gold Wall Hanging
Dec. 18th and Dec. 24th 2 sage/burgundy Christmas Wall Hangings
Dec. 24th knitted hat
Dec. 24th Present for my Sister who reads this blog ;)

As of December 2nd, I have 22 days to complete my projects by Christmas Eve. If I divide my number of projects (7) by number of days I get an average of 3. This means that I should complete 1 project every 3 days and I will probably get them all done. You can take off Sundays by just minus-ing those days in your total number of days.

This also works for me because I can leave my family's projects till the very end. On this schedule I will have 9 days at the very end to do those 3 projects. It will also mean all the other projects will be finished 9 days before Christmas which is the perfect amount of time to ship them and have them arrive on time.

Stage 2: SEW! I guess that is the obvious stage :D. From now on, I will be taking a break from blogging until the New Year. When I get back, I can share all my finished projects! Certain people read my blog and I wouldn't want them to see their presents ahead of time!

As Always,
Bethany Lynn

P.S.: While you are doing all of that sewing, why don't you give yourself a Christmas gift and work on your biomechanics too? The more you stand, the better your health is! (CLICK that link and READ it. No, I am not yelling at you.) You can change your sitting sewing station to a standing sewing station really easily. Stacking things to raise your machine might not be pretty but your body will be thankful!

(yes, it is always that messy in there.)

As Always,
Bethany Lynn

1 comment:

  1. OMG Im in LOVE with your poster in the backround!

    ReplyDelete