Monday, January 2, 2012

Sunshine on the Weathervane Wall Hanging




Fabric: 100% cotton vintage fabrics (red and yellow) and 100% linen (brown and blue check)

Pattern: I used the weathervane block instructions from Hidden Block Quilts by Lerlene Nevaril Another example of a similar quilt is on the cover. If you want to take your quilting to a whole new level, I highly recommend this book! It contains blocks of varying levels so it can be as simple or as complex as you would like. Whether you are new to quilting or not, it really helps you with designing your own quilt. I learned so much just by making a simple wall hanging and can see how I could have played with the colors more for a completely different look. If you want to design and conquer something new, I bet you would find this book to be helpful!

Blessings,
Bethany

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really like this one. Great blog! *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete