Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Autumn Baby Gift

 Made from re-cycled wool sweaters that I felted in the washer with hot water and then the dryer. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy! I love using felted sweaters in projects because it is a warm, soft fabric that is forgiving and easy to work with. It doesn't fray either, so projects don't require over-locking or using a serger.
 For the wool longies, I used the Baby Pants pattern from Make Baby Stuff. I love wool longies because they're super warm, but they also wick away moisture, stains come out easily, and are great over cloth diapers.
For the blanket, I got my inspiration from Warm Fuzzies by Betz White but it's so simple that you really don't need instructions. I think it's pretty self explanatory. :) I free handed the barn, leaves and pocket. You really can't mess up with chunky, soft sweaters.

Blessings,
Bethany

1 comment:

  1. Its all so adorable it makes me want to use up some of those wool sweaters under my bed! Now I want to make some cute little baby gifts for friends too. :)
    Great job on the cuteness!
    Love,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete