Friday, September 21, 2012

Fan-front Blue and Yellow Day Dress

I used the concepts for drafting and making dresses from The Dressmaker's Guide. The fabric is 100% cotton and the dress is shown with a cotton batiste and cotton french lace collar. Undersleeves are with customer and not shown.



Fan Front bodice
Pocket
Dog-leg closure

Gauged Skirt And another fall dress is finished for the new living history season. What are you sewing as you gear up for fall events? With this new dress all finished, I am thinking that some of my things could use some TLC! Blessings, Bethany

4 comments:

  1. Your dress is simple beautiful. I love the colours and with plaid it must have been difficult to match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic blog you have here but I was curious about
    if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics talked about here?

    I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get comments from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
    Also see my site - orange county, ca steam carpet cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on a complicated design....do you think a home sewer needs a dress form to really get their garments to fit properly? I am having fitting problems without one....waists too high, shoulders too wide, that sort of thing.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the colours are beautiful. Also, I finally grasped the idea of dog-leg closure thanks to your photos, as unlikely as that seems!

    ReplyDelete